Saturday, May 19, 2012

I've Been Zapped

Every time I return from a trip to LA, I engage in a compare and contrast essay that usually lasts for upwards to a week or so.  This is much to Kathleen's annoyance. My need to "process" these two coasts and two parts of my life and psyche can go on for hours (as my therapist knows oh so well). So I will be brief.
 
As an overweight middle-age woman living on the East Coast I don't get many men or women for that matter who look at me with a smile and sexual glint in their eyes.  Over the years I've missed these everyday and playful flirtations that were so much a part of my youth.
 
Well I got zapped a lot while I was in LA.  Getting zapped is when someone just says "hi" and flashes you with their eyes a look that says " I like you." I grew up with this kind of interaction all the time. It's great for the ego then and now too.  (And it makes you believe you're a hottie even if you're not...which is worth millions!!!)
 
Sure, I know, that those young men and woman most likely thought that I might be someone who could help advance their careers in the entertainment industry. But maybe not. Maybe we we just wanted to get zapped and flirt a little. And really, couldn't the world use a little more playful flirting?