Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's the Hot Part of the Day

Everyone but me is laying down now. It's Sunday afternoon and 2 ish. I just went over to a friend's for brunch and got an introduction to her new cat. Truman is his name. He's quite handsome and playful. He'll fill out his presidential name in no time. He's smart too. He knows his name which is unusual in cats. Any which way he's a love.

Cats have preoccupied me for some time now. I blame Kathleen and her love of cats for this. What else does one do when you live with a cat goddess and in a cat shrine. I've gone with the flow and am now a bewitched member of the staff (to the cats only.) I don't feel very alone since Facebook is filled with cats and kittens on every other page. Cats are definitely in fashion (for the moment at least.)

Here in the Capitol where our celebs are presidents and our causes are political, most of my friends have given their cats names of this locale. One friend I know named her pair of cats Bill and Hilary. Another friend Truman and we in protest to a boycott on French imports and the Iraq war named ours Perrier and Evian. I tell you even the cats are political here in DC.

I can't tell you when exactly I became a crazy cat lady. I think I "came out" as one at my father's funeral. My cousin asked me what I know about and in my crazy grief-stricken state i said "CATS!!!" I do spend a lot of time in the care and bonding of our cats, but I'm no expert. Just crazy about them, don't cha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment