Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Weird People

You probably have a few in your life. They're usually artistic and creative in some way. Often they're hobbyists. But nevertheless they're artists or crafters. They're the poets, the painters, the writers, the musicians or the arts and crafts people (who get their start at stores like Michaels.) They're the weird people.

When you are reading, looking at, or hearing their work, you almost believe in possession again. These artists must have a muse or some connection to a higher power because their work is the outcome of apparent channelling. Sometimes the channelling is clear, bright and strong and other times it's like a backed-up drain. But you know when the artist has got the power in addition to the skill and technique.

I've felt the power a few times when I've been painting or writing. But unfortunately I couldn't channel it like I wanted to. One needs to be trained and have skills and a technique to convert the power.

So like playing scales on the piano every day, I write as much as I can so I'm ready for the flow when it happens. Because we weird people are connected to something...dare I say that comes and goes... and is sometimes even spiritual?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment