Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Putting Off That Flu Shot

I've been putting off getting a flu shot. I'm really not that much of a procrastinator. Oh sure, I put off other things like housework and laundry. But doesn't everyone? Ok getting back to my flu shot...I've had ample opportunities. It's just that something always comes up.

I belong to Kaiser and they're really into this preventive medicine and flu shots. If you're a Kaiser member, a flu shot is free. But in a weird way this is working against me. You say, "What? How can free work against you?" Well it's harder for me to get to Kaiser and easier to get to my CVS Pharmacy. But the flu shot at CVS Pharmacy costs about $25. So me in my putting off ways doesn't go to Kaiser because I'll have to make a special trip and doesn't get the shot at CVS Pharmacy because I can get it free at Kaiser. And anyway, I want a trained nurse to give me the shot, not some CVS Pharmacy store clerk (I know, I'm having a princess moment!)

This may all sounda stupid because I really need the flu shot. So today Kathleen is taking me to Kaiser and I'm going to get a flu shot. Even if I have to beg for one. Because I need one and there are too many other important things to be a procrastinator about. Like when am I going to clean up my studio and start painting again?

So you see it's easy to put things off and I do it so well. Maybe one day my future will feel more finite and I'll get to it all. Because I've got a lot of things that really need to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment