Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Night Blues

I've got the Sunday night blues. You know, it's a case of I don't want the weekend to stop but tomorrow is Monday and the week beckons. So what do you do before you call it a wrap for another weekend?

Most of us used to watch 60 Minutes. It was mandatory if you wanted to retain your cultural citizenship. Because what else was worth watching? Nowadays I don't think there's anything worth watching. Instead I listen to Buddhist youtube.com videos or just listen to New Age music. I like to think I've evolved from my more political and news junkie days into something well more...spiritual.

Now don't think I've gone out and found Jesus and God. No gods are involved just one enlighten and awake guy named Buddha.

I'm new to all of this meditation stuff (I can barely keep my eyes shut when I do it outside.) And I'm still reading lots of books on compassion, loving-kindess and becoming enlightened. I hope to become enlightened one day and I'm okay with having to still chop wood and carry water afterwards.

But mostly I feel at peace. Don't know if it's all due to this Buddha guy. But I like that he's fat and laughing. He's happy. And the more I learn about his wisdom, the more happy I become.

And to think this all started with listening to some music---Buddha Bar. So this Sunday night I'm listening to more Buddha Bar, watching another youtube.com video and catching-up on my daily Buddhist inspirations.

Let me tell you it sure beats 60 Minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment