Sunday, December 23, 2012

Shall I Go to the Inaugural Balls?

In Washington DC we have a political and social tradition of the Inaugural Balls that celebrate the Inauguration of the President. I've been to one in '97 for Bill Clinton. Ironically, it was the Women's Ball. Kathleen and I rented white tuxedos and looked fabulous. It was nicely done. I just wish we had known more people...

Well, some time has passed and in the past few days I've gotten two invites to Inaugural Balls. One was delivered like a phone robo call from my Governor. I would have preferred a printed invite with a gold embossed envelop that also requested my rsvp but now we live in the 21st century when we're saving trees (and dollars too!) So the Governor invited me and a guest to Maryland's Ball. Finally I was asked to join Democrat politics.

And then much to my surprise, I got an email inviting me to the Artist's Ball which will be benefiting Artomatic, an arts organization in the DC Metro area. Now you all know me pretty well...which one do you think I'd like to go to? Damn shooting!!! I want to go to the Artist's Ball. It won't be stuffy but rather a little funky. And I bet you dollars to donuts the music will be better. And really, I want to have some fun with my politics, don't you?

So now, I've got to convince Kathleen to go...negotiations have begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment