Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Scarf I Finally Got

Guess what? While getting our nails done today, a man with a suitcase of scarves came into the nail salon. He did this show n' tell number about his scarves that he was selling. It was definitely weird but engaging. Who knows??? He may be carrying (pun intended) the latest fashions. And I admired his guts to just carry a huge suitcase around and do this door-to-door salesman thing.

So I bought one---red polka dots against ivory. I haven't done polka dots since I was a child in the 60's. Something my grandmother would have worn when she was in her fifties. Everything comes back. Sure it's a little different but it really does come back. Haven't you noticed?

I really had to work for that coat scarf. But it was fun too. It's good to get back into the flow of things again.

And boy do I get a lot of story out of a $10 scarf!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment