Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Love May

I just love the month of May, don't you? It's just so beautiful. The weather is mostly perfect and everything is in bloom. Just perfect.

I even have fond memories of my Ex's birthday on the 27th. And my birthday is almost only a week away from hers. It's just a good month to be alive.

I especially like all the spring greenery and we can't forget the outdoor patio seating that opens up in restaurants. Food just tastes better outdoors. I know you think I'm being silly but food really does taste better outdoors. Why else would people do picnics?

And then everyone looks a lot more healthy in May than in February. The improvement is almost shocking. Sure we are all just starting to eat salad again and talk about losing weight. And we are also getting out of the chair or off of the couch. We might even start exercising again like we did when we were younger. I mean Kathleen almost had us buying a recumbent bike off the street from a yard sale today. I'm really not ready for more exercise equipment but this is definitely progress, don't cha think?

And for Kathleen and I the tennis season begins soon and that means we're booked for the summer. First we'll watch the French Open in late May. Next Wimbledon in late June. And finally the US Open around Labor Day.

May is absolutely the beginning of the glorious summer months. Lots of warmth and sunshine. What's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment