Friday, May 17, 2013

Inbetweens


I've got a case of the inbetweens. I'm inbetween projects whether it be writing or painting. I'm inbetween finding a piano teacher---I got one and then decided she sounded weird on the phone. Jitters I guess. But I let her go even before we started. Today's prospective piano teacher is a former music teacher and a neighbor--- hope it works out otherwise I've got to start from scratch again. So you see I'm inbetween.

I'm inbetween being a middle-age or older person. Even my therapist was surprised that I wanted to start something new like learn to play the piano. "It's always something new with you!", she says. Guess so, I mean I'm not brain dead, I'm still taking in nourishment and breathing on a regular basis. Yup, I'm still alive. Just because I don't have a paying job or a career anymore doesn't mean I disappear, you know...

Despite my limitations I've always been a passionate person. And being inbetween life purposes is hard to bear at times. But I've taken it upon myself to make it my purpose to enjoy this beautiful month of May. Sounds kinda light, don't cha think? Well actually, this is the first time in my life that I've been in a spiritual place to really enjoy May. Before I wasn't calm or still enough to appreciate how beautiful May is.

So you've got a couple of weeks left to enjoy May. Heck, you've even got a three-day weekend. Catch the beauty while you can because it truly is fleeting...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! We all need to continue to grow, learn and expand--especially as we get older--it helps our brains to stay young.

    ReplyDelete