Thursday, May 23, 2013

A French Open Hat


I like hats. Well I love hats. Not that I look stunning or handsome or pretty in them. They just lend so much character to a person. Sure it's a prop but so what's wrong with props? For me hats are playful and with the right hat you can become anything (at first sight!) But really we all need the sun protection so we might as well have fun with what might become a necessity soon.

My current hat I got in LA at the Grove. I was looking for a copy of all those hats the spectators at the French Open (tennis) had worn. The hats were off white, had a band of ribbon, were wide brimmed and made out of straw. And of course these hats when cocked at the right angle were quite dapper. I didn't get an exact copy but close enough. I guess I felt like I was following Parisian fashion even though I got it at the world's center of make-believe.

And you know this French Open hat thing is taking off. I've seen the hats in all different kinds of colors and on all different kinds of people: men, women, young and older. People seem to want to play again with hats.

So get yourself a hat and come out and play. We'll all be so dapper...

No comments:

Post a Comment