Monday, September 26, 2011

The Line-Up

Guess where I am during the evening commute? I pick up my dearest at the Metro Kiss n Ride. It's really a happening place. I pull up and line up behind the other cars. We're all waiting for someone to emerge from the Metro's exit and get into their car. I often come early, long before Kathleen arrives. (So that I'll get a good place in the line-up and hopefully, move up to the front by the time Kathleen's train comes.)

At the Kiss n Ride I've got time on my hands. So I listen to the radio and drink a soda. Often that amuses me. But sometimes, I'll admit it, I people-watch. Lately I've been playing a game which I call "Can you match the car with the passenger?" or another one which is "Who goes with their bumper stickers?".

In my neighborhood almost everyone has bumper stickers and/or vanity plates. My neighbors aren't shy about advertising their political views, spiritual beliefs or preferences in restaurants. Some people are an easy match-up with their bumper stickers, and other people you would never guess so.

We do the pet bumper sticker, as you might guess. Since we're cat ladies, it all comes down for us to a short and pithy "MEOW."

No comments:

Post a Comment