Thursday, February 16, 2012

For The Whitneys of The World

You know how certain names rise in popularity when a celebrity's name gets a lot of play on the radio, on TV or in the movies?  I'm  even named after an actress. Well, my poor Ex, the one whose first name is that TV show, she's got a problem. Her name is Whitney, and Whitney Houston, the singer, just died rather tragically. Everywhere you go you see R.I.P. Whitney...I wonder how MY Whitney is feeling about all this name publicity? 
 
I mean how do you shake the association to someone who died from a prescription drugs and alcohol overdose? Do you just hunker down and wait until the media is finished with the singer, Whitney Houston. And then after a period of mourning, your name can resurface and reflect your own identity in people's minds again?
 
Tsk, Tsk, poor Whitney. Great women often have great names. Sometimes even the same name.