Monday, February 6, 2012

Now It's Onward to St. Valentine's Day

It's the morning after the Super Bowl. Yeah, we were stupid and stayed up late. Well, not too late but late enough. The football was good, and I just loved that Fiat car commercial with the SEXY Latin woman. She just breathed hot. So hot. Best commerical of the evening. And Madonna, you are my goddess. Don't you just love older women?

And now it's all back to business this morning. The fun and games are over. Wait, not so, there's Valentine's Day! And for those of us who plan, well the fun's just beginning. It's all about cards, cupids, chocolates and cuddles. Gawd knows we will need all that love and romance. It will be the dead of winter. Definitely something to look forward to.

I'll be getting the chocolate at the Godiva shop. I think I'm one of the few women (gay or straight) that buy chocolate for Valentine's Day. But I don't think that makes me the butch in my relationship. It's just easier for me to get to the chocolate. (Or this is what I tell myself.)

Have fun planning your romantic dinners. The last time we did a Valentine's dinner, we were in Chelsea of NYC. We walked into this lovely restaurant, and we were the only women there. The men were all very amused to find us there. We got great service and were very welcome. The gay men treated us like princesses! The food was divine too.

I wish you the best with your plans for love and romance. And remember that Valentine Day's is over a thousand years old. Much older than the claim by some that it's just a Hallmark holiday. So remember the chocolate kisses. They were just made for this holiday. Happy Valentine's Day.