Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Give a Way For Work

What do you wear for your work gig? My work gig was as a tie-dye artist. It suited me since my business was tie-dye too. I wore the merchandise as a way to market the look. And somehow, for a while, I saw tie-dye everywhere.

My Ex would say it was the principle of selective attending in action. For those of you who skipped that class of Psychology 101, selective attending is basically you see what you want to see, which is really true in both matters trivial and significant. But whatever. I think tie-dye made a little comeback. And people who bought my t-shirts acted liked it was a good fashion bet in this age of nostalgia. Because tie-dye is timeless...-

Well, I've got some other work clothes that are timeless too. Suits. I used to do the professional office gig. And I needed suits for everyday as well as for committee meetings and conferences.

But like the tie-dye, I'm giving them away to charity. Two of my suits, one with the tags still on, have gone to low-income women who need professional suits for interviews. I hope the suits help them get their next gig.

So dig out your closets, ladies and gents. I'm sure there's a suit or two that doesn't fit, or one that you just don't like anymore. Give it away. Create some space in your closet. And just maybe, you'll have room for something new...and someone else will get a job!!!