Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When It's Time to Call In an Arborist

Our poor, poor, cherry tree. She's going to have to be pruned back or even removed entirely. Stump and all. The builders when they planted our cherry tree failed to remove the root basket, and now she's outgrown it. Lazy bastards condemned our poor tree to a short life. This is what our first estimate from an arborist said. 

I did a little research on our tree. She's a late bloomer (late April that is), and her blossoms are a vibrant and rich pink and double-petaled too. In full bloom she casts our bedroom in a soft pink light on a sunny day. It's fantastic and surreal. I love being surrounded by all that pink, pink & more pink.

I also learned what variety our tree is: Kanzan. A good Japanese name. Did I tell you I visited Tokyo when I was eight...

Tomorrow we'll hear from the second arborist. "Our Poor Cherry Tree" to be continued...