Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting for the Arborist to Arrive...

It's raining out. I mean really raining out. And today, I get to go outside with the second arborist and either cross my arms or stand with arms akimbo depending on what s/he has to say. I have an umbrella, rain slicker and rain hat to shield me from the relentless rain. I wonder, what does the arborist have for these occasions?

2 Hours Later...

In the pouring rain, I discuss with our second arborist, Tony, the fate of our poor, poor cherry tree. As our clothes soak, Tony's story about our tree is strikingly similar to the first arborist's take on her distress. She's outgrown her space, and her growth is leading to her demise. We can keep her going for a few more years, with pruning, or we can just remove her.

I can't bear killing this tree right now. I love the pink she brings into the house in late April. This spring will be our 12th year together. Ahhh, this tree is breaking my heart! I know, we can plant another one, but it just won't be the same!

Tonight Kathleen and I will be responsible home owners and look over the proposals. We'll make a decision: prune or remove. Which one would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment