Thursday, April 26, 2012

Friends Are Asking For More…

I had no idea that I would still be blogging Forgetful After Fifty. Somehow the muses have remained faithful to me and have whispered sweet inspirations on a regular schedule. I am just these comedic muses' typist, and sometimes I wish I could type faster to keep up with them.  But my slow typing gives both the muses and me ample room to edit as we go. And we go a little here and a little there until finally we have sentences, paragraphs, and lastly, a posting.

But this isn’t funny, you say. True, even my cats are funnier than writing about writing. You’re right---It’s really boring.

But you must understand that we writers fret about process and are amazed by its mysterious qualities like gleaming gems in sunlight. The best of us and the worst of us live for those moments when we are entranced or just “channeling” some muses’ work which we later claim as our own.

Basically, we writers don’t understand what we are doing but we do it nonetheless.

So I’m going to keep doing it,. Hopefully, my muses will be funnier in the next posting. Maybe I'll get back to funny basics: CATS.