Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Will Lean Cuisine Make Me Leaner?

Like most middle-age women, I have a few pounds to lose for my health as well as my vanity. I've been avoiding this reality for many years. I would just avoid mirrors, clothing stores and my doctors' imploring speeches about losing weight.

But somehow I just stopped avoiding my "weight problem" and stopped making excuses too. Most people think overweight people eat a lot of junk or bad food. Quite the contrary in my case, I eat healthy and sometimes rich food. My problem is that I just eat too much of a good thing.

I love food. Sometimes I love to cook too. But I always have an appreciation for food. This Big Love has gotten me into clothing sizes that I will not disclose here. But for me, here's the rub: portion control.

I can't do portion control for myself. That's why I'm now on a diet of Lean Cuisine. I microwave about 300 calories of something I'd be proud to cook. And it satisfies my taste. (Often, I'll keep eating because my tastes are being left unsatisfied.) Hopefully, there will be hundreds of entrees to choose from which will also satisfy my need for variety.

It seems that Lean Cuisine is a method of weight-control for Hollywood types too. My friends tell me that grocery stores in LA boast that they carry the largest selection in that city of thin people. I hope our stores on the East Coast can keep up too.

Lean Cuisine may not be the complete answer to my weight loss issues. But it's a diet where I don't have to cook so much and the food still tastes good. I'm willing to give this method a try.