Sunday, April 15, 2012

My First Pair of Birkenstocks

I know, I know...I'm way behind the curve on this one. Well, almost three to four decades behind, but I've caught up...I bought my first pair of Birkenstock's just a week ago. It was a long time in the coming for me.

Even though I'm from California, which everyone thinks is a hip and happening place, I grew up among the conservatives. And trust me in the 60's and 70's, they didn't buy their children hippy Birkenstocks. God forbid! They bought their children sensible shoes, and so I wore Keds sneakers---remember those?

Well, as life would have it, I've worked my way from the conservative Keds to the hippy-dippy Birkenstocks. It's been a twisty, long, and sometimes treacherous trek. But now I'm outfitted for my retirement journey. And I made it to the other side. WOO HOO!!!