Monday, April 23, 2012

I Want to Play Keyboards

I love music. I listen to it almost every waking moment. Well something at least that most of us would consider music. But do I "know it" or "understand it"? Not at all. When I played a little (and I mean a little) piano when I was in high school, I learned to read music well enough to be in the school's choir. That was the extent of my musical education.

Since then, I've bought and played over 700 CDs. Oh, I have my favorites, but I'm also proud of my range in musical tastes---from Opera to Pop or as artists go from Mozart to Buddha Bar.

But I also want to play an instrument. My voice is old, thin and has got more "grit" in it from cigarettes than a rock quarry. So the voice is out. I've decided that I want to get an electronic keyboard because we have no room for a piano, which is my first choice.

I want to play keyboards. Take lessons. Practice when Kathleen's home. And drive her up the walls. (Gee, I hope I won't be that bad, but you know I will be.)

If you think I can take lessons at 50 years of age and learn to play the keyboards, give me a "like" in the comments section. But don't worry. I'll still blog. I don't think I really have got a serious future as a rocker!