Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now I'm Just a Tourist


"When in Rome do as the Romans do..." ---source unknown (to me)

I'm a tourist now when I visit LA. Oh I've already visited most of the sites a long time ago. I could get more current I guess. But I'm content with my memories. And they are good memories too. Now when I visit I want to have fun like retired people do.

I'd like to see my old school again. I've heard they've done some building on the UCLA campus. And I wonder if that round wooden table is still at Kerckhoff Coffee House. I drank too much coffee and debated too many arguments at that round table. Met a few lovers at that round table too. I was in my element at the Coffee House. Now I'm old enough to be everyone's mother. And they all refer to me as ma'am. It's hell getting older.



I still can't believe that I'm an AARP person now. They got me even before I turned 50. Kathleen is the older woman between us, and she added me as a domestic partner when she signed up. I wonder how many lesbian AARP couples are out there? Many I bet.


No comments:

Post a Comment