Monday, August 27, 2012

Wishing Everybody Happiness

What's on your car's bumper? We've got two bumper stickers. One is for Obama, and the other one is MEOW. We're very comfortable with our bumper stickers; everybody has them here in the DC area. What I'm thinking about now is getting a car license frame with a pithy saying. But not just any kind of saying.

How does "May You Be Happy" and "May You Be Free of Suffering" grab you? Somehow I believe that "I'd rather be playing tennis" will probably make fewer people uncomfortable than wishing everyone happiness as I drive away. Especially so here in Washington, DC. But I don't mind making some people uncomfortable.

Now even though the pursuit of happiness is so very American, actually wishing people happiness seems slightly radical, especially when they're your political foe. But I guess if more people were happy, there might be fewer haters running around and doing harm. Also happy people are more fun. Don't you agree?

So I may get that car license frame and spread a little message of happiness in my wake!