Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thanksgiving in August

Even though I know we are all supposed to wait until Turkey Day in November, I am feeling a swelling of gratitude lately. Oh, it's not because I won the lottery or hit the jackpot at Vegas. It's because I just feel so much appreciation for Kathleen, our lives together, our health care, our cats, our house and our families. It's a bit overwhelming when you count your blessings and realize that "yes, indeed" we have so very much to be thankful for.

Being thankful doesn't mean I don't have problems like you probably do. The gratitude just helps me to not totally focus on the negatives. And if I'm feeling especially good, I've even been known to laugh at my problems.

So take a play out of my gratitude playbook: count your blessings...I bet you'll be surprised at how many you have.