Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Hey, do you like bananas?"

I use a web-based grocery delivery service. For years now I've been using them. Sure there have been screw-ups now and then, but most of the time it's been my fault. Not so with today's delivery. I ordered six bananas and got 36 bananas. What will I ever do with 30 extra bananas?
 
The first thing I did was call customer service and demand redress. Of course, when they determined they hadn't over charged me, and it wasn't a matter of money (just disposal of the bananas), they generously told me I could keep them or donate them as I choose. Their driver couldn't pick them up (he had just left the packages 5 minutes earlier) according to the customer service representative. So what am I going to do with 30 extra bananas?
 
"Bake, bake, & bake". But that means my whole weekend will be devoted to breads and muffins. And just think how much weight I'm going to gain "testing" all that baking?  I could try to give them to my neighbors, but handing out bananas is awkward at best. So what are we going to do?
 
We'll eat them, or Kathleen will take them to work. They always get eaten there. But I'll be pushing bananas for a week.
 
"Hey, can I interest you in a banana?" is my sales pitch this week. What a crazy refrain.

1 comment:

  1. Why push those bananas when a food bank will take them willingly?

    ReplyDelete