Sunday, January 22, 2012

I've Got No Mind

You know how Facebook asks you "What's on your mind?" Well quite frankly, I have no mind lately. It's winter for godsakes. Who thinks in the wintertime? Now reading a book or a web-site on the internet doesn't count. No, I mean creative/analytical/scientific thinking.
 
I bet a good time for thinking is from May through August. Even our minds ripen during those months. Now, in January, my mind is nothing more than a cold seed of unlocked potential.  Can't even plant the seeds because they would fall on frozen ground.  So we wait for Spring. In the meanwhile I cook and watch sporting events. And post Facebook notes that will most likely go unread.
 
But I persist in practicing being funny for a class that I might some day take with really funny people. What's really funny about me is that I left sunny LA to come to DC. It was love and ambition that brought me to DC. I thought that the weather would be romantic. I was wrong, so wrong.
 
So now I'm living in a 4-season climate and talking about it all the time. Today, it's cloudy and cold. Later it will be hot and humid. Thank gawd for climate-controlled indoors. Because otherwise I'd never get any thinking done.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dinae. Mark here, editor for lgbtSr.com. Thanks for sharing your blog on our FB page. I added you to the blog list if you don't mind. It's under the "blogs" tab at the website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I appreciate it. Love your work too. Diane.

      Delete