Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Shazaam...It's Dinnertime!!!

It seems that every evening the world stops. and Kathleen and I contemplate what's for dinner. We could cook or we could order delivery...and then if we do cook, who cooks and do we have the food or do we need to make a run to the grocery store. And then if we phone for delivery, who pays, and will it be cash or credit. Or we could just go out to eat. But then who wants to go out when it's freezing outside and threatening some kind of rain/ice/snow?

These are just a few of the logistical issues we seem to face when it comes to dinnertime. And then there's the pressing issue of what to eat and will it be healthy and on our diets and not include any restricted foods.

Kathleen and I usually keep it simple and order pizza. But I'm getting to know the pizza delivery guy too well (soon I'll ask his first name and where he's going to college).

So I have resolved to cook more and do new recipes. At least it won't be quite so predictable and boring. And of course all of this involves new pots and pans. I begged for a flat-bottom wok. It had to be a Calphalon. And it came yesterday. Its beautiful, and I'm afraid to use it. But I will. I'm going to do stir-fry. I've got the tofu, oil and vegetables. Now it's just shazaam...it's dinnertime!!!

1 comment:

  1. So I'm wondering if you and Kathleen are a couple. If so, why would it matter who pays? And why a discussion of cash or credit? Maybe the financial side of your relationship is separate.... If so, how one pays is of no import to the one not paying, don't you agree?
    "These are just a few of the logistical issues we seem to face when it comes to dinnertime." - Think this belongs as the last sentence of the first paragraph.
    What DO you consider healthy and on your diets? And just what ARE your restricted foods? For instance I love what I call, HEART ATTACK FOOD; and try to keep my choices from that menu at a minimum. OK OK, I do binge from time to time, so shoot me.
    Is there something wrong with knowing the name of the pizza delivery person? My pizza person is a guy in his thirties named Guido(for real). He has no interest in college; makes a mighty fine untaxed living doing what he does, and because I tip him well my pizza is always delivered hot. Can't beat that!!
    The new pots and pans thing... just don't see it as a necessity for cooking more. Understand the wok if you don't have one already; a part from that, new pots and pans is simply a good excuse for new stuff. From my end, I love a good excuse when it comes around!
    One more thing... if I'm going to eat tofu it better be crispy, otherwise it's caca.

    ReplyDelete