Friday, June 15, 2012

Done Short

My friends from my UCLA days are now 50+ years old. When we were young and sexy, we talked about feminism, being gay and who was the best in bed. Now a few of us are on Facebook together, and we all talk about facials, pedicures and yes, even getting a regular manicure.

We would have been horrified to say we got our nails done when we were young. Because for us nail length has so many connotations and consequences. I assume most of us still keep our nails short, even if its only as an insignia for being a lesbian.

I'm trying to get a manicure once every two weeks. It's a wonderful experience, especially the hand massage part. My nails are done short with clear polish. Kathleen's are done short too but buffed. We often get our nails done together. It's quite a turn-on.