Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's Almost Midnight on Mid-Summer's Night

It's been a long hot June day. Appointments made and cancelled. Deliveries postponed. All because of hot temperatures. It's the first day of summer. Oh my, what does this forbode? I've predicted a hotter-than-usual summer since we had a warmer-than-usual winter. I didn't consult the faithful Farmer's Almanac, but I'd bet we're in agreement.

And now it's nightime and Mid-Summer's Night. I don't have anything planned. Just the usual stuff. But the music that's being played is a little bit softer tonight. And I hear the drum beat a little clearer too. Oh yeah, I'm listening to the latest Buddha Bar cds. It's primal, like this night was for millennia. Now I live in a modern age with personal computers and air conditioning, but it's still a sultry night of sorts.

I don't even remember Shakespeare's Mid-Summer's Night's Dream. I remember loving it though. Must put it on my reading list. Just so I can remember it. It's almost midnight, and I wish I was younger and frolicing in the woods after nubile maidens. For my dreams and yours...