Thursday, July 5, 2012

Go Serena, Go!!!

Serena, you're playing great tennis. And you've earned your place as a finalist at Wimbledon this year. Listening to you talk about yourself and tennis, you've matured beyond belief, and I like you even better.

For a while there you acted like a gifted and spoiled brat who had become accustomed to winning and being a champion. But now you've changed. Maybe your life-threatening illness woke you up to an awareness of gratitude for your blessed life. Because finally you seem grateful for the privilege to play professional tennis.

I've seen you play at the US Open, and you are a marval to watch. You are my second all time favorite tennis player (with Martina being my first and foremost). My hopes are with you as you play the championship match at Wimbledon this Saturday.

Go baby, go. We'll be watching and rooting for you. Just play your best game, and you'll be wonderful.