Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Fine Shelter Indeed!

I have been to the nicest, cleanest, well-kept and kept-up animal shelter. This shelter was beyond even my imagination. It was like a Beverly Hills Rehab and Spa Center for cats and dogs. The Washington Animal Rescue League's facilities are state-of-the-art. The cats and dogs look very healthy and seem very emotionally stable and well-adjusted. If I can drive there, it would be a great place to volunteer.

I think I'd become a cat socializer, which is someone who plays with the cats and kittens. That’s just my speed. I'm sure the cats and kittens would do me more good than I would them. But isn't it always that way with us humans? Well, I think animals give us so much and really ask so little in return. It’s amazing that they decide to live with us…

You know, President Truman said that if you "want a friend in Washington, DC, get a dog (or cat)." Really, we humans need the companionship of cats and dogs. We need them---a lot. They help keep us emotionally balanced and physically fit. And amused. I mean how many times have you laughed at your cat or dog? Countless, right? And then there's the unconditional love...priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment