Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shopping for Tennis Shoes

I used to love shopping for shoes...what woman doesn't? Well, now I'm not quite so sure I do. I'm in the market for tennis shoes for playing tennis. And I'm having a heck of a time finding something I like.

Oh, I've gone to the athletic shoe stores only to find dozens of men’s tennis shoes and maybe three or four styles for women's tennis shoes. Now I know we didn't pass the Equal Rights Amendment but I'd like a little more parity with the men’s shoes. I mean women DO play tennis and so they DO need proper footwear.

But Kathleen and I aren't waiting for the brick and mortar shoe stores to discover our niche market. We are now exploring tennis shoes on the Internet. After Kathleen’s exhaustive search, she found that I would have my choice among 13 or so brands and four to five styles within a brand. I did the math and figured out I'd have almost 85 different shoes to choose from. One problem: I don't get to try on the shoes before I buy them. And unlike Cinderella, if the shoes didn't fit, I'd have to return them and take them to the post office. Since I'm not good about getting to the post office, I think I'm going to do another Google search and find a tennis shop near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment