Monday, July 11, 2011

A High-Priced Ticket

I was dreaming last night about attending Wimbledon. So I did a little Internet research. I pulled up the tour company we used when we went to the US Open. Well, depending on the package you want, it ranges from 2 days at Wimbledon for about $5,000 (plus airfare) per person to a top-of-the-line package for $15,000 per person. These packages include hotel in London, tickets---the only way you can get Centre Court tickets---and transportation from the airport, and to and from Wimbledon.

Most likely we'll be buying a car instead in a few years. Maybe we'll splurge and get a wide-screen TV and watch Wimbledons in the future from our living room in HD style.

But I'll miss saying I saw the Queen at Wimbledon. She looks so lovely in that robin-egg blue. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment