Sunday, September 2, 2012

What Makes A Holiday A Holiday

So whatcha got planned for our day off? That's right, we laborers get to celebrate all our work on Labor Day, September 3rd. I've done all kinds of celebrating on Labor Day. Some lunches, some dinners and some weekends camping in the mountains.

For most of us a Labor Day celebration involves some form of leisure. For me that usually involves someone else doing the cooking. So I like celebrating with good food and drink at a fine restuarant. Ahhh, the sweet good life.

But unfortunately for me, my Ex (when we were together) didn't really like the restaurant plan. She liked fishing in a Virginia reservior for our holiday. I was so crazy about her that not only did I give up my lunch, I rowed the boat across the reservoir and then all the way back to the dock. It was a metal row boat and slightly unsteady, but I made it to the dock and earned my "butch" points for the rest of the year. To be young and a lesbian in love...what we will do!!!

Nowadays I've settled with the love of my life, Kathleen, and we have our US Open (tennis) tournament holiday that always happens over Labor Day. So we always have a plan. And in this relationship we just order for delivery. I've matured, dontchathink?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment